Ticket #4491 (closed defect: fixed)
Copy+Paste in GUI dialog boxes freezes GUI (Windows hosts)
|Reported by:||wouterk||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 3.2.6||Keywords:||copy, paste, GUI dialog boxes|
VirtualBox.exe very frequently freezes upon Copy+Paste within the "Details of ..." dialog box and in the Settings dialog box (e.g. Details => General => Description). In the latter case I end up with an "Aborted" VM - even though I haven't run it!
I'm not sure if I should have reopened the closed/fixed ticket #2065 for this, but that didn't mention the freeze I'm experiencing.
- Under Windows XP Professional (+SP3), start VirtualBox.exe (vs. 3.0.2).
- Enter an existing VM snapshot's "Details of ..." dialog box (via the "Show Details" button or Ctrl+Space). (I don't recommend using Details => General => Description to test this, since it may lead to an "Aborted" VM!)
- Select some of the existing text in the Name editbox, then press Ctrl+Insert or Ctrl+C.
- Optional: enter the Description editbox.
- Press Shift+Insert or Ctrl+V: very often VirtualBox.exe freezes and the cursor turns into an hourglass - I then have to kill VirtualBox.exe.
The problem seems to be with the copying rather than the pasting: when I copy something to the Windows clipboard from a different application (e.g. Notepad), the Details dialog box always pastes that text correctly.
Accordingly, text copied from the Details dialog box (step 3 above) can sometimes be pasted into other applications, sometimes not (although the receiving applications never freeze).
N.B. I've encountered this problem in versions before 3.0.2 as well, at least going back to 2.2.0, probably earlier.
- Priority changed from minor to major
- Version changed from VirtualBox 3.0.2 to VirtualBox 3.2.6
- Summary changed from Copy+Paste in GUI dialog boxes freezes GUI to Copy+Paste in GUI dialog boxes freezes GUI (Windows hosts)