Ticket #15802 (reopened defect)
[Regression] No microphone, Windows Guest, Linux Host.
|Reported by:||dark_sylinc||Owned by:||pentagonik|
|Version:||VirtualBox 5.1.2||Keywords:||microphone,after 5.1|
Guest: Windows 8.1 (also appears to affect any other guest)
Audio Controller: Intel HD Audio
Microphone is enumerated by the guest, but it is always silent. On occasions fiddling with microphone driver enumeration (i.e. toggling "Show unplugged recording devices" several times, going to its properties, etc) can even crash VirtualBox (rare, happened to me only twice).
PulseAudio shows VirtualBox has requested and received microphone and speaker. I've also tried the ALSA driver, same result. Couldn't try OSS driver (immediately aborts VM, didn't look much into it; I assumed either I had a missing dependency or the OSS device couldn't be grabbed)
I tried AC97 audio controller but Windows 8.1 won't install drivers for it.
- Problem shows in official virtualbox-5.1_5.1.2-108956-Ubuntu-xenial_amd64 (using matching extension pack & Guest additions)
- Problem persists in test build VirtualBox-5.1.3-110032-Linux_amd64.run (using matching extension pack & Guest additions)
- It works correctly in virtualbox-5.1_5.1.0-108711-Ubuntu-xenial_amd64.deb
These users seem to be affected by the same problem: https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=78797
comment:12 Changed 7 months ago by Bob_Stones
comment:13 Changed 7 months ago by pentagonik
- Owner set to pentagonik
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:16 Changed 7 months ago by sleepwalk3r
comment:32 Changed 7 months ago by frank
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed