Ticket #599 (closed defect: fixed)
VirtualBox 1.5 - keyboard issues with Linux hosts => try again with VirtualBox 2.0.0
|Reported by:||nvivo||Owned by:|
I'm Brazilian and have an ABNT2 keyboard.
Everything was fine with 1.4.0, but after the upgrade to 1.5.0, the slash/question mark key stopped working.
I use Ubuntu 7.04 host and tried Ubuntu and Windows XP guests. Both have the same problem, even after updating the guest additions.
I saw that this happened sometime ago but was fixed: http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/205
Also, I know that VMWare allow to remap keys in the config files. This could also be a way to solve this.
comment:18 Changed 10 years ago by michael
- Version changed from VirtualBox 1.4.0 to VirtualBox 1.5.0
comment:29 Changed 9 years ago by michael
- Summary changed from VirtualBox 1.5.0 - Slash and question mark don't work in guests anymore to VirtualBox 1.5 - keyboard issues with Linux hosts
comment:154 Changed 9 years ago by frank
- Version changed from VirtualBox 1.5.0 to VirtualBox 1.6.4
- Component changed from other to GUI
comment:168 follow-up: ↓ 169 Changed 9 years ago by michael
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
- Summary changed from VirtualBox 1.5 - keyboard issues with Linux hosts to VirtualBox 1.5 - keyboard issues with Linux hosts => try again with VirtualBox 2.0.0