Ticket #5375 (closed defect: fixed)
Long continuing keypress freezes WindowsXp-Host => Fixed in SVN
|Reported by:||Softestware||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
If I press a key on the keyboard for a very long time the input devices and maybe the whole system freezes until the key is released.
I first encountered this while "walking" in a 3D video game, where this bug also results in a Network-Lag but it not only happens in games it also can be reproduced on the Desktop.
The guest OS here is Windows XP with SP3, with a 2 CPU host and guest.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create new empty textfile
- Press a character key
- Move the mouse several times in a slow/normal speed from edge to edge (while the key is still pressed)
Expected results: Character is written to text file endlessly and mouse cursor moves over the screen.
Real result: Mouse and Screen freezes until the key press is released.
The mouse move only hastens the thing, it also happens without mouse but than it takes way longer. I normally manage to get two freezes before the character hits the border, sometimes only one.
If you need additional information , I'm glad to help as good as I can.
- Version changed from VirtualBox 3.0.8 to VirtualBox 3.1.0
- Description modified (diff)
- Summary changed from Long continuing keypress freezes WindowsXp-Host to Long continuing keypress freezes WindowsXp-Host => Fixed in SVN