Ticket #2595 (reopened defect)
Problems with custom keyboard layout Neo 2.0 and Virtualbox 2.0.4 -> fixed post-3.2
|Reported by:||Berniyh||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 3.2.6||Keywords:||keyboard layout neo|
I'm using the Neo 2.0 keyboard layout, which can be found at http://www.neo-layout.org
When one uses setxkbmap to set the layout to neo (ie setxkbmap de neo, after installing the new xkbmap file) and starts a virtual machine (for example running Windows or Linux, doesn't really matter which guest), several keys don't work, for example the number keys 2, 4, 5 etc.
If one starts Vbox with the layout set to QWERTZ (standard german layout), and then changes the layout while Vbox is running, most of the keys work, except for the modifier keys M3 und M4, which still represent their "old" functionality, like Caps-Lock or "< >".
I've seen some tickets about other custom keyboard layouts, but most of them don't have those major changes that Neo has, with the modifier keys.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution wontfix deleted
comment:23 Changed 4 years ago by michael
- Summary changed from Problems with custom keyboard layout Neo 2.0 and Virtualbox 2.0.4 to Problems with custom keyboard layout Neo 2.0 and Virtualbox 2.0.4 -> fixed post-3.2
comment:30 Changed 3 years ago by frank
- Status changed from reopened to closed
- Resolution set to fixed