Ticket #5840 (closed enhancement: fixed)
[feature-request] Support seamless mode with older Linux guests -> fixed in SVN after version 3.1
|Reported by:||Technologov||Owned by:|
In the last weekend I looked at VMware Workstation 7 and realized that they support Seamless mode and dynamic resolution resizing on ancient Linux guests, such as RHEL 3.9.
This was absolutely shocking news to me, because, in contrast VBox requires some Randr X11 extensions which only exist in recent Linux guests.
Some traces of VMware source code do exist:
Supporting dyn. resolution resizing and seamless mode for older Linux guests is important for the workflow, esp. because running legacy OSes is one of major use cases for virtualization.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution wontfix deleted
- Summary changed from [feature-request] Support seamless mode with older Linux guests to [feature-request] Support seamless mode with older Linux guests -> fixed in SVN after version 3.1
comment:14 Changed 6 years ago by frank
- Status changed from reopened to closed
- Resolution set to fixed