Ticket #5812 (closed defect: obsolete)
network throughput very slow between windows network client and windows 7 guest
|Reported by:||mrtwice99||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 3.1.2||Keywords:||windows, networking, slow|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
- Core 2 Quad, 8 GB ram, RAID 5 hardware controller
- Xubuntu 9.10 64-bit
- Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit, problem occurs with both)
- Ubuntu 8.10 Server (no problems here)
Network Clients (gigabit network):
- Windows Vista (has problem)
- Windows 2003 Server (has problem)
- CentOs 5.4 (no problem)
- Download throughput from a Windows 7 guest to a Windows network client is very slow.
- This problem also occurs with vmware workstation windows guests.
- Linux guests do not have this problem.
- Linux clients do not have this problem.
- I tried several different flavors of ubuntu x86/x86_64 and slackware64 and three different host machines. The problem was evident in all of them.
- I also tried VirtualBox 3.08 on Slackware64 and the problem was present there as well.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.