Ticket #5813 (new enhancement)
Feature-request: New Storage GUI: The CD-ROM menu in VM
|Reported by:||Technologov||Owned by:|
Section 2: The CD-ROM menu in VM
The CD-ROM menu requires too many point-and-clicks. It is frequently used, and needs to be very convenient for the first CD-ROM.
I think we can merge ideas from VBox 3.0.x and v3.1.0... into this... Do it as in VBox 3.0, but with multiple CDs...
Each CD must have 2 entries, not one.... The current nesting of the menus further down the tree might seem more organized, but will actually just be a pain to use. (by MarkCranness)
This solves several problems: (positive)
- This deisgn is friendly to current users (Vbox 3.0)
- Less point-and-clicks to unmount media. (1 CD VM)
- This idea is minor redesign and can be implemented in V3.1.x -- afterwards we may re-think the GUI design again.
- Hides IDE controllers technical background from menu on multi-CD VMs.
- Huge decrease of point-and-clicks for multi-CD VMs.
This doesn't solve problems: (neutral)
- Fast mounting of CD from ISO file... Related to Wish #5458
This hurts the current Design in the following ways: (negative)
- (None Found, except that it hides IDE controllers technical background, I believe this is good one... but it is debatable)
The proposed idea can be seen in the attached screenshot.