Ticket #5811 (new enhancement)
Feature-request: New Storage GUI: VM/Storage Settings
|Reported by:||Technologov||Owned by:|
We (me+Sasquatch+other members) came up with few ideas, that seem better than current design.
Section 1: VM/Storage Settings
Look at the original problem: (BETA1)
It has *way* too small fields for ISO and VDI names. Very bad. This is the biggest problem for config GUI.
This solves several problems: (positive)
- Very short ISO and VDI names. <-- biggest issue
- Too much white space in the "controllers" list... as it is infrequently used. (scroller can be used there)
- This idea is minor redesign and can be implemented in V3.1.x -- afterwards we may re-think the GUI design again.
This doesn't solve problems: (neutral)
- No separation between devices and mount (mpack's idea)
- It also still looks possible to mistake the "remove device" and "unmount media from device" functions. (mpack's critics)
- How-to Add Hard Disk Questions
This hurts the current Design in the following ways: (negative)
- (None Found)
update: Dsen from Sun think it is possible to divide this into three panes, "Storage Tree", "Attributes", "Information", and make each one floating and user-configurable. Would be great ! (if it is resizeble)
And look at screenshot attached, the proposed design GUI.