Ticket #3892 (closed defect: fixed)
FWKERN.EXE error during installation of version 2.2.2 => Fixed in SVN
|Reported by:||kirpi||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 2.2.2||Keywords:||fwkern.exe, installation failure|
I have tried to install VirtualBox 2.2.2 on both Windows Vista Home Premium and Ultimate editions. The installer gets stuck with giving this error:
The application "FW-1 Network Configuration (fwkern.exe)" needs to be closed for the installation to continue. Retry/Cancel
- I only have Checkpoint SmartConsole and Securemote installed. But neither are running, nor the services are started (all services are at manual).
- The installation file is: VirtualBox-2.2.2-46594-Win.exe
- Before starting the installation, there is no fwkern.exe process. (Of course I am looking at all users' processes)
- I use UAC but when asked, I allow the installation the proceed.
- I leave all default components checked (i.e. I try to install both USB and Networking components).
- The previous version is uninstalled already and the respective %ProgramFiles% folder is deleted also.
- I'm asked twice to trust Sun Microsystems based components and I click "install".
- fwkern.exe process isn't present in my system before installation.
- Half way in installation process, a fwkern.exe process appears running as the SYSTEM user and then I get the error mentioned above.
- The proccess can't be killed.
- When I click cancel, installer tries to roll back the changes, raises the same error mentioned above once more, I click cancel again and it gets stuck indefinitely.
- When I kill the installer process manually, fwkern.exe process disappears.
comment:12 Changed 6 years ago by frank
- Summary changed from FWKERN.EXE error during installation of version 2.2.2 to FWKERN.EXE error during installation of version 2.2.2 => Fixed in SVN
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.