[vbox-dev] Question for building the VirtualBox on Mac OS X Host

Vadim Galitsyn vadim.galitsyn at oracle.com
Fri Jul 4 09:24:02 GMT 2014

Hi 유원상,

> 1. Can you install the ports to universal? I failed install using +universal option. (libffi install error)
>     So, I installed not universal version.
>     This setting is available?

Non-universal packages also can be used.

> 2. Where can I download the Qt? I can't connect the Qt link.
>     So, I downloaded the Qt4.8.6 from <http://qt-project.org/downloads>.
>     But, this qt library does not recognized, when I run the configure.
>     Error log is <qt4 not working>.

Please use “qt4-mac” package from MacPorts (i.e., sudo port install qt4-mac).

Please also refer to this thread [https://www.virtualbox.org/pipermail/vbox-dev/2014-June/012390.html]. It is mainly about build on Mavericks host, but may clarify some common things (e.g., how [and why] to set permissions to out/darwin.{amd64, x86}/{release, debug}/dist/VirtualBox.app/Contents/MacOS/VBoxNetAdpCtl).

Please let us know if it helped you. If not, please post actual error message printed by ./configure script or kmk tool.

Vadim