[vbox-dev] Question for building the VirtualBox on Mac OS X Host

유원상 wonsange at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 09:02:25 GMT 2014

Hi, everyone.

I want to build the VirtualBox for Mac OS.
But, I failed it.

My environment is Mac OS Snow Leopard (10.6.8) 64bit.
Xcode version is 3.2.6.
Mac OS X SDK is 10.6.

Can I build the VirtualBox in my environment?
I referenced this link (
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Mac%20OS%20X%20build%20instructions).

Questions
1. Can you install the ports to universal? I failed install using
+universal option. (libffi install error)
    So, I installed not universal version.
    This setting is available?
2. Where can I download the Qt? I can't connect the Qt link.
    So, I downloaded the Qt4.8.6 from <http://qt-project.org/downloads>.
    But, this qt library does not recognized, when I run the configure.
    Error log is <qt4 not working>.

I think the document for Mac OS X build instruction is too old.

I don't know what is wrong.
My environment is wrong?
Or, prepare is wrong?

Please guide for building the VirtualBox on Mac OS.