[vbox-dev] Problem with restoring a snapshot via API: Console is null

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Fri Jul 4 10:09:19 GMT 2014

Daniel,

On 04.07.2014 07:51, Daniel Dreibrodt wrote:
> Hello Klaus,
>
> I've wondered, too. But I just now found the source of the problem. My Visual Studio project was set to build a 32-bit assembly, but I run under a 64-bit Windows with a 64-bit Virtual Box installed. After I changed the project to build a universal "Any CPU" assembly the code worked fine.

Ah right, this *is* one of the remaining todos... in general our COM
components are both available from 32 and 64 bit processes (was a rather
complex exercise to get this done, there is virtually no documentation),
but the Console stuff currently still contains a technical problem
(linking issue) in the 32 bit variant and is therefore "left out".

You now use it from a 64 bit process, and thus the problem is gone.

Klaus