[vbox-dev] QT GUI Snapshot Functionality renamed

Johannes Rudolph jojo.rudolph at googlemail.com
Mon May 4 15:04:17 GMT 2009

Hi Sander,
looking at your points i have some questions:
*>2) **multiple snapshots, discard last snapshot is indeed a merge with its
parent (diff images merged; parent saved state deleted)*
how can parent have a saved state?  I always thought saved states do only
occur in the deepest level of the snapshot tree?
**
*>3) multiple snapshots, discard other (non-last) snapshot merges the image
diff with its child and deletes the saved state *
which saved state is deleted? It makes sense the image is merged with the
child. Based on this i would rather suggest changing description in UI to
something like:
"Merge Snapshot into Snapshot-Tree" and in the tooltip: "If the Snapshot is
at the deepest level of the snapshot tree it is merged with its parent, else
with its child snaphot"
Does that make sense?
Kind Regards,
Johannes Rudolph