The VirtualBox mailing lists are a good place for discussions related to VirtualBox and VirtualBox development. However, this only works if the VirtualBox community respects a couple of rules:
- Choose the right mailing list for your posting. Do not ask "How do I create a VM?" on the developer mailing list. (In fact, for general questions about using VirtualBox, we recommend the Forums. as the first port of call.)
- Search the mailing list archive before posting to see if the issue you want to raise has already been discussed.
Currently, the following mailing lists exist:
- VirtualBox announcements list
This is a low-volume list with VirtualBox-related announcements, such as notifications about new versions. It's always a good idea to subscribe to this list. Only the VirtualBox maintainers can post here.
- VirtualBox developers list
This mailing lists targets software developers working on VirtualBox or making use of the VirtualBox application programming interfaces (APIs). Please do not ask questions related to using VirtualBox here; they will be ignored. Posting is allowed for subscribed members only.
List address: https://www.virtualbox.org/mailman/listinfo/vbox-dev
Gmane interface: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.virtualbox.devel
- VirtualBox trac tickets list
This read-only mailing lists receives automatic notifications from the Bugtracker installed on this site. Each time somebody creates or updates a ticket, the bugtracker sends a notice to this mailing list. If you would like to receive copies of all these notifications, subscribe to this list. The list is read-only, i.e. only the bugtracker can post here.
List address: https://www.virtualbox.org/mailman/listinfo/vbox-trac
- VirtualBox user discussions list
There is a community mailing list.
List address: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/vbox-users-community
Gmane interface: http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.virtualbox.user