Ticket #980 (closed defect: worksforme)
Error adding existing virtual machines after removing CDROM from host system
|Reported by:||chrisg83||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 1.5.2||Keywords:||cdrom windows|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
- When I installed VirtualBox 1.5.2, a DVD drive was attached to my Windows XP host.
- I created a VM image and attached my host DVD drive to it.
- I removed the DVD drive from my host system.
- I moved the VM HDD (vdi image) to another location.
- I deleted the VM entry in Virtualbox.
- I want to create a new VM in Virtualbox using that moved .vdi image. When I say finish on the summary page of the virtual machine creation wizard, it says (translated from German):
Could not create a new virtual machine. Callee RC: RPC_E_SERVERFAULT (0x80010105). Could not find Host drive F (which was my DVD drive).
When I exit the VirtualBox application, it crashes.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.