Ticket #767 (new enhancement)
[documentation] Explain to users how-to run VirtualBox on Windows in background/as a service on PC boot
|Reported by:||Technologov||Owned by:|
This is easy on Linux and a bit more difficult on Windows, but I wrote a (untested) way of how this is can be possible on Windows 2000/XP hosts.
Look at this thread with question: http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?t=1887
And my answer:
The way I see VirtualBox auto-start on boot working:
- After you start Windows, your normal user starts...
- (XP host) Start->Accessories->System tools->Scheduled tasks
- You make a new user: "VBoxUser" with admin privileges.
- You write a script (*.bat) that starts VirtualBox and your VMs.
- "Scheduled tasks" should auto-start VBox with different user "VBoxUser", with
--NOTE: This is possible, if you supply "VBoxUser"'s password to Scheduled Tasks.
I think we need to add that to VBox documentation (if it lacks)