Ticket #6863 (closed defect: fixed)
Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit host cannot install fresh Win7Pro 64-bit guest
|Reported by:||boltronics||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 3.2.0||Keywords:||10.04 windows installation 0x80FF0000|
Steps to reproduce:
- Install Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit.
- Install VirtualBox 3.2 from the official repository.
- Create a new VM from scratch. Use all defaults, except select "Windows 7 (64 bit)" as the guest. I also increased my dynamic disk to 120 GB instead of 20 GB, but don't expect that would matter. Install the guest from either an ISO or a DVD image (I tried both ways).
- Go through the installation selecting the defaults.
As soon as you get to the section "Installing features", (or thereabouts) you will always get the error "Windows could not set the offline locale information 0x80FF0000". The installation will fail.
I'm running on an LGA1366 i7 with 6Gb of RAM and hundreds of GB free space on the host.
The above procedure works in VirtualBox 3.1, so this would be a regression.
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution duplicate deleted
comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by frank
- Status changed from reopened to closed
- Resolution set to fixed