Ticket #6725 (new defect)
Opened 4 years ago
USB won't attach in 2009.06 - size 0 bytes, no serial number, cannot open device
|Reported by:||jpl||Owned by:|
I'm trying without success to attach USB mass storage devices (a flash disk or an external hard disk) into an OpenSolaris 2009.06 guest running under a Debian host. This is the same host on which I was able to get USB 1.x (but not EHCI) working within a Linux guest as described in ticket #6724. Therefore, I am now experimenting both with EHCI and without EHCI enabled.
Without EHCI enabled
- dmesg, iostat, fdisk output after re-attaching the device appear as shown on the attached screenshot (1)
- the USB activity icon keeps blinking for 30 seconds or so, then stops
With EHCI enabled
- booting is noticeably slowed down
- dmesg, iostat, fdisk output after re-attaching the device appear as shown on the attached screenshot (2)
- the USB activity icon only blinks shortly
- after issuing the fdisk command it hangs for a minute or so, before getting back with "Cannot open device"