Ticket #6725 (closed defect: obsolete)
USB won't attach in 2009.06 - size 0 bytes, no serial number, cannot open device
|Reported by:||jpl||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
I'm trying without success to attach USB mass storage devices (a flash disk or an external hard disk) into an OpenSolaris 2009.06 guest running under a Debian host. This is the same host on which I was able to get USB 1.x (but not EHCI) working within a Linux guest as described in ticket #6724. Therefore, I am now experimenting both with EHCI and without EHCI enabled.
Without EHCI enabled
- dmesg, iostat, fdisk output after re-attaching the device appear as shown on the attached screenshot (1)
- the USB activity icon keeps blinking for 30 seconds or so, then stops
With EHCI enabled
- booting is noticeably slowed down
- dmesg, iostat, fdisk output after re-attaching the device appear as shown on the attached screenshot (2)
- the USB activity icon only blinks shortly
- after issuing the fdisk command it hangs for a minute or so, before getting back with "Cannot open device"