Ticket #6526 (closed defect: invalid)
VB freezes the system: Ubuntu-9.10 client on FreeBSD-8.0 host
|Reported by:||yurivict||Owned by:|
Steps to reproduce:
- Have ports virtualbox-ose-3.1.6 and virtualbox-ose-kmod-3.1.6 installed
- Create Ubuntu VM with all default values
- Add ubuntu-9.10 CD image as a CDROM
- Make CDROM the first bootable device
- Run the machine, installer will run.
- System freezes in the moddle of install or after client reboot after install
Additional info: VB (3.1.2?) worked very well with Ubuntu client up to the end of January or early February. At this time some kernel patch was submitted that made VB freeze the system right after virtual machine start (seen with 3.1.4). After upgrading VB to 3.1.6 system stopped freezing at the beginning of the run, and instead freezes in the middle of install or after client reboot.
Problem makes VirtualBox unusable, and disrupts the work in general due to the need to reboot the whole host machine.