Ticket #5999 (closed defect: worksforme)
vm (vmdk) booting process hangs
|Reported by:||jf4977||Owned by:|
host os: windows 7 64bit VirtualBox version: 3.1.2
steps to recreate the defect:
- create a guest os (say windows xp) using vmware server 2.02
- install vmware tools
- add vmdk as virtual media
- use this vmdk to create a new guest os in VirtualBox
- boot the guest os in VirtualBox
- guest hangs with a dark screen displayed (the guest os can not be booted)
- stopp guest os, go back to vmware, boot the guest os, uninstall vmware tool in the guest os. boot the guest os again in VirtualBox, issue still happens.
- use a different vmdk (vista enterprise), same issue happens. after reset the machine, boot in safe mode, hangs at loading "crcdisk.sys" file.
- use another different vmdk (windows 2000 pro), issue still happens.
- use yet another different vmdk (windows 2003 enterprise), issue still happens.
the log files are all indicating the vm is suspended because "Guest Log: BIOS: int13_harddisk: function 15, unmapped device for ELDL=82". (the # ELDL could be different for different guest os'es. The quoted log was from the one for windows 2003 enterprise, which will also be attached to this ticket.)