Ticket #5168 (closed defect: duplicate)
Virtual Box 3.0.8 (Mac) Aborts after about 4 hours of working with OpenSolaris 2009.06 -> fixed in SVN/3.0.10
|Reported by:||constantin||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 3.0.8||Keywords:||crash, abort|
|Host type:||Mac OS X|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
I use OpenSolaris 2009.06 running on Mac OS X 10.5.8 as my regular work environment.
With versions 3.0.6, I've been seeing regular Virtual Machine aborts about one or two times a day. I hoped this would go away with 3.0.8, but after upgrading today, I experienced another abort.
Here are the symptoms.
- Everything works great for a couple of hours (4 hours in the last case).
- All of a sudden, the VM freezes, I see the Mac OS X beachball, the VM screen vanishes and VirtualBox shows the machine to be in "Aborted" stage.
- I don't see any errors in the log (my latest log file is attched).
- When restarting the machine, there's about a 30% chance that the restarting process freezes and I need to Force Quit Virtual Box.
This seems to hurt the rest of OS X: I can't regularly "Quit" other apps, but must resort to "Force Quit" them. Only a restart fixes this issue and after a restart I can also restart my VM.
- In the other, more lucky cases, the machine just starts from scratch and I can work again for about 4-5 hours.
Changed 6 years ago by constantin
- attachment VirtualBoxVM_2009-10-08-173208_Constantins-Mac.crash added
comment:10 Changed 6 years ago by sandervl73
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate