Ticket #417 (reopened defect)
Shared clipboard does not work and also affect other programs
|Reported by:||xrfang||Owned by:|
I am running VirtualBox 1.4 on Ubuntu 6.10 Host. Guest system is Windows XP Pro.
There are several weird problems:
1) Clipboard sharing only partly works (works sometime, but not always). Also, while it works, it does not paste correctly for Chinese text. Somebody on Ubuntu-CN forum said it was incorrect UTF8 processing for Chinese text (did UTF8 conversion twice) I didn't verify though.
2) It affect other programs! Quite funny... while vbox is running, I try to copy text from Claws-Mail to Firefox, for example, both on the HOST system, it paste something strange. Clipboard return normal while I shut down VBox.
comment:12 Changed 4 years ago by kirte
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted
comment:13 Changed 4 years ago by frank
- Host type changed from other to Windows
- Version changed from VirtualBox 1.4.0 to VirtualBox 3.0.10