Ticket #3756 (closed defect: duplicate)
Shared Folders - selecting Other causes R6025 -> Duplicate of #3694
|Reported by:||compeoree||Owned by:|
Under Windows XP SP3 host and a Windows XP SP2 client selecting "Other..." on the shared folders dialog results in a "R6025 - pure virtual function call" error. This aborts the client. Client OS gets corrupted and has to revert to current snapshot.
How to Create
- Start client
- Right click on shared folder icon in lower right
- Select Other... from Folder Path drop down list
- Create a new snapshot
- Click on Folder Name box before selecting folder path
I changed two things, so not sure which one actually fixed it.
- Recently upgraded version 2.0.6 r39760 to 2.2.0 r45846.
- Reverting back to current snapshot has no effect.
- Installed all Microsoft updates on host.
- On the same host but with an Ubuntu variant client (ArtistX), the shared folders work as expected.
- VBox Additions installed
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate
- Component changed from shared folders to GUI
- Guest type changed from Windows to other
- Summary changed from Shared Folders - selecting Other causes R6025 to Shared Folders - selecting Other causes R6025 -> Duplicate of #3694