Ticket #3117 (closed defect: invalid)
Host CTRL key acts like it is on when pressing ALT -> dkms issue
|Reported by:||andrewz||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by frank) (diff)
Simply installing VirtualBox 2.1.2 on Fedora 10 32-bit causes the host keyboard to malfunction. It happens even before running the VirtualBox GUI or any guests.
- I press ALT+F2 (to get Run Dialog) and it acts like CTRL+ALT+F2 and takes me to virtual console.
- I press ALT+LEFT (to change tabs in Firefox) and it acts like CTRL+ALT+LEFT.
- I press F and it doesn't act like CTRL+F (to bring up search in Firefox), and CTRL+F works normally too.
- This problem didn't happen with VirtualBox 2.1.0 or 2.0.6.
- Uninstalling VirtualBox and rebooting host fixes the behavior.