Ticket #2833 (closed defect: fixed)
Shrink hard disk operation is not implemented for .vhd
|Reported by:||mark_orion||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 2.2.4||Keywords:||VDI shrink VBoxManage|
Description (last modified by klaus) (diff)
- Shrinking a VDI fails with error - see below.
- Error message is confusing and not helpful. It is not clear if "temporary" relates to my system state, a missing component, the current version of Virtualbox or if it is just a polite way to admit a missing feature.
Others have reported the same problem on Windows host systems.
Here is the output of my attempt to shrink a VDI:
mark@aurora:~/.VirtualBox/VDI$ VBoxManage modifyhd /home/mark/.VirtualBox/VDI/WindowsXP.vdi compact VirtualBox Command Line Management Interface Version 2.1.0 (C) 2005-2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Error: Shrink hard disk operation is temporarily unavailable!
- Summary changed from Attempt to shrink VDI fails and throws "Error: Shrink hard disk operation is temporarily unavailable!" error to Shrink hard disk operation is not implemented
comment:26 Changed 8 years ago by klaus
- Summary changed from Shrink hard disk operation is not implemented to Shrink hard disk operation is not implemented => fixed in SVN
comment:27 Changed 8 years ago by sandervl73
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to fixed
comment:30 Changed 8 years ago by frank
- Status changed from closed to reopened
- Resolution fixed deleted
comment:42 follow-up: ↓ 43 Changed 8 years ago by frank
- Host type changed from Linux to other
- Version changed from VirtualBox 2.1.4 to VirtualBox 2.2.4
- Component changed from VMM to virtual disk
- Guest type changed from Windows to other
- Summary changed from Shrink hard disk operation is not implemented => fixed in SVN to Shrink hard disk operation is not implemented for .vhd