Ticket #1975 (closed defect: fixed)
VBox Manager Window - Unviewable after detaching External Display
|Reported by:||amagine||Owned by:|
|Host type:||Mac OS X|
- Laptop (or any Mac OS X Computer) connected to external display as Dual Head.
- VirtualBox Manager Window is located completely inside external display
- VirtualBox Shut Down
- External Display disconnected
- Laptop (or any Mac OS X Computer) launches VirtualBox --> Manager Window is unviewable and located outside Host Display. No way to capture Manager Window into Host display.
- Shutdown VirtualBox
- Manual Edit of Window Position
- setting for VBox is HERE:
- Open this file in TextEdit or whatever fav. editor..
<ExtraDataItem name="GUI/LastWindowPostion" value="-1240,372,770,550"/>
- Edit Negative Values to Positive.
- Add Window to VirtualBox MenuBar to maintain OS X UI Consistency and allowing for Minimize and Zoom. Zoom should re-establish ManagerWindow to Host screen.
- Script to check OS X Screen Area on VirtualBox Manager Window Launch.
- Read <ExtraDataItem name="GUI/LastWindowPostion" value=
- Confirm or re-write value to match viewable area.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.