Ticket #11381 (closed defect: fixed)
VBoxManage GUI improperly changes vmdk file location on OVA import => Fixed in SVN
|Reported by:||Layer 7||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.1.12||Keywords:||ova import rename|
I am using VirtualBox Version 4.1.12_Ubuntu on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. When attempting to import a RHEL 5.8 virtual appliance OVA, the appliance import wizard will improperly change the path of the VMDK when changing the name of the virtual machine.
- Open VirtualBox Manager GUI
- File -> Import Appliance
- Choose an OVA file and proceed
- Change the "Name" property from "vm" to "teststring"
- Observe the "Name property changing properly
- Observe the "Virtual Disk Image" path change improperly.
Specifically, VBoxManage GUI appears to do a full substitution for "vm" with "teststring" in the VMDK's path.
I have attached two images which have illustrated the behavior. This is obviously a cosmetic issue, as changing the file path of the VMDK/VDI is trivial to do before completing the import and is the currentworkaround.
- Summary changed from VBoxManage GUI improperly changes vmdk file location on OVA import to VBoxManage GUI improperly changes vmdk file location on OVA import => Fixed in SVN