VirtualBox

Ticket #10145 (new defect)

Opened 2 years ago

Last modified 17 months ago

USB attached media player does not work since version 4.1.0

Reported by: starfry Owned by:
Priority: major Component: USB
Version: VirtualBox 4.1.0 Keywords: usb
Cc: Guest type: Windows
Host type: Linux

Description

Originally raised as forum post:  https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47104&p=213141#p213141

I am experiencing problems with USB on the 4.1.x version stream. I have tried the latest version 4.1.8 and version 4.1.0. Both exhibit the problem. Version 4.0.14 does not exhibit the problem.

The problem is as follows. Everything appears to work but when I try to transfer a file to my Creative Zen USB connected AV device I get errors. I have been using its "organiser" app for some time to load videos on to it and it's always worked fine but it does not work if I run VirtualBox 4.1.x.

The device is detected and connected ok. The problem occurs when I attempt to write a file to it.

If I use a version later than 4.1.x ( specifically I have tried 4.1.0, 4.1.6 and 4.1.8 ) the app reports errors claiming that the video file is not of the correct format.

If I downgrade to VirtualBox 4.0.x it works fine (specifically I have tried 4.0.8 and 4.0.14): same host, same guest image, same video file, same USB connection.

Host is Arch Linux and it is up to date. I am using the official Oracle package not the one in the Arch Linux package repository.

Host uname -a:

Linux hydrogen 3.1.8-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 7 08:59:43 CET 2012 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Guest is Windows 7.

Log attached as requested.

If I can help by providing more information please let me know how.

Thanks.

Attachments

vbox.log Download (93.4 KB) - added by starfry 2 years ago.

Change History

Changed 2 years ago by starfry

comment:1 Changed 17 months ago by starfry

Just an update on this in case anyone ever looks at it.

I have found the recent versions of VirtualBox do not exhibit this problem

I have been able to test 4.1.18 thru 4.2.4 and they work fine.

I can't re-test 4.1.8 to reproduce the problem because it doesn't compile with latest 3.5 kernel that I am now running. Similarly I can't test thru 4.1.16 for the same reason.

I think this can be closed but I can't see a way to do that myself.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.

www.oracle.com
ContactPrivacy policyTerms of Use