Ticket #10061 (new defect)
Samba server in guest cannot access files via shared folders
|Reported by:||jschaumlo||Owned by:|
|Version:||VirtualBox 4.1.6||Keywords:||arch samba|
I want to operate a Linux Samba server(guest) on Win7 (host), in which the Samba share point-to sharedFolder (vboxsf) on the host NTFS-Filesystem.
Win7Host: C:\myShare <-- vboxsf auto-mount --> LinuxGuest: /media/sf_myShare, Samba: [MYSHARE] path = /media/sf_myShare
If folder/files are copied under Win7 into C:\myShare, it happens, that copied folders/ files aren't visible thru Samba access. On the other hand - if I make the copy via Samba-share, it happens sometimes that particular files couldn't written to the share. In both cases on Linux command line a 'ls' shows folder/ file name(s), but no attributes, only ?????????????. Reason unknown.
I find a way to reproduce this behavior anytime:
1. Win7 robocopy: C:\folderX to C:\myShare
2. windiff: compare C:\folderX with \linuxguest\MYSHARE\folderX --- OKAY
3. rename \linuxguest\MYSHARE\folderX to folderY
4. robocopy again C:\folderX to C:\myShare
5. windiff: compare source\folderX with \linuxguest\MYSHARE\folderX --- ERROR
6. linux, ls shows /media/sf_myShare/folderX ????????????
I don't see this problem, when I rename the folder under Win7 directly - only by renaming over Samba.
Changed 5 years ago by jschaumlo
Changed 4 years ago by jschaumlo
- attachment virtNAS_vboxGuestAdd_4.1.9_rename_delete_problem.JPG added