[vbox-dev] Support of Windows XP

Kalogrianitis Socratis socratisk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 02:10:52 GMT 2018

> Although the official user manual[1] does  not  list
> Windows  XP  among supported host operating systems,
> VirtualBox 5.2.6 works in it without  a  hitch,  for
> which  I am grateful to the developers, and ask them
> to amend the manual accordingly.
> 1. https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch01.html#hostossupport

"Supported" means that if something breaks, the developers are going to try their best to fix it. Now.

"Not supported" means that if it works? Fine. If it doesn't work? Fine again. We're not going to deal with it. Not officially or not if we have to go out of our way. It means we won't test it.

Windows XP is not supported even by Microsoft.

Socratis