[vbox-dev] Linux PCI-passthrough kernel module cleanup

Anton Yakovlev a.h.yakovlev at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 14:38:25 GMT 2017

Hi all,

I'm gonna implement my own Linux kernel module for VBox support driver and
took PCI-passthrough module as a base example. And I have some uncertainty.
There're two functions for creating/destroying "instance" structures
(vboxPciNewInstance/vboxPciUnlinkInstanceLocked). I can easily find, where
vboxPciNewInstance is invoked. But vboxPciUnlinkInstanceLocked is called
only from vboxPciDevCleanup. I grep'ed the whole VBox source code tree, and
there's no place, where the last function is called. I don't know, is it
some kind of a bug or this function is invoked in some unobvious way?

I work with SVN revision 67803M.

Best regards,
Anton