[vbox-dev] guest-ad install bug causing: "sf_read_super_aux error=-22" errors on Linux + fix

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed May 17 18:44:50 GMT 2017

Hans,

On Mittwoch, 17. Mai 2017 19:50:30 CEST Hans de Goede wrote:
> I could not get manual mounting of vboxsf mounts to work under Linux
> (Fedora) the problem turned out to be that the guest-additions installer
> (the .run file) creates a /sbin/mount.vboxsf symlink to
> /opt/VBox.../other/mount.vboxsf which does not exist correcting
> this to point to:
> /opt/VBox.../lib/VBoxGuestAdditions/mount.vboxsf
> fixes this.
>
> Note there has been a bug open about this for quite a while now:
> https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/9307
>
> But nobody noticed the broken symlink apparently.

I believe that you tested the 5.1.20 Guest Additions which indeed showed
the behavior you describe. This was mentioned in

  https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/16670

and was fixed in the 5.1.22 Guest Additions.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München