Ticket #9307 (new defect)
VBox 4.1.0 GA -- shared folder fails manual mount with sf_read_super_aux err=-22
|Reported by:||jguerrero||Owned by:|
VBox 4.1.0 GA gets this error when mounting manually.
mount -t vboxsf vm-shared /mnt/shared mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on vm-shared, missing codepage or helper program, or other error ...
Host: MacOSX 10.6.8 Guest: Oracle Linux 6
The following changes work:
- Do not install 4.1.0 GA. I upgraded VBox from 4.0.12 to 4.1.0. My Oracle Linux 6.1 guest was using VBox GA 4.0.8 and shared folders were working fine. After upgrading GA from 4.0.8 to 4.1.0, they now do not work when manually trying to mount shared folders. This is all against the 2.6.32-100.34.1.el6uek.x86_64 kernel.
- If I boot the same system into the Redhat kernel 2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64, and rebuild the 4.1.0 GA, then manual mounting works.
- Oracle Linux 5, with kernel 2.6.32-100.0.19.el5 and 4.1.0 GA gets: "mount: Protocol error" and dmesg says "sf_read_super_aux err=-71". But if I set the VBox GUI setting "Auto-mount" for the shared folder, then the shared folder mounts fine at /media/sf_vm-shared. Meanwhile, "Auto-mount" does not work on the OL 6.1 uek kernel (listed in 1. above).
- If I use Debian guest with kernel 2.6.32-5, then 4.1.0 GA works fine.
- I created a new VM from scratch (in case there were some issue with the other VMs having been created in an earlier version), did a fresh install of Oracle Linux 6.1, and built the 4.1.0 GA. Manual mounting of shared folder fails. I will upload the log for this guest since it is fresh with basically nothing else done to it.
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.