[vbox-dev] 3d acceleration of android-x86 for virtualbox

tim3385 tim3385 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 17:57:29 GMT 2017

Hello All,

      vboxguest, vboxvideo and vboxsf have been probed into android-x86. We are finding the entrance of translate android-x86 3d implement to host OS.

      We have a few questions about virtualbox, thanks^^:

1 "external_vboxguest-linux-module" is a driver for virtualbox's virtual hardware, is my understanding right?

2 There is a sentense "Hardware 3D acceleration under Ubuntu 10.10 and Fedora 14 have been tested and confirmed as working" in http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch04.html#guestadd-video . Can you introduce the theory? eg. where is the entrance that The additon translate 3d api invoke to host?

3 We want to do some modification based on "external_vboxguest-linux-module". Could you please give us some suggestions or samples?

4 About android-x86: is there some way to directly(like by usb wire)  connect host to android-x86 in virtualbox by adb? We only found the way  "adb connect IP"  can success, and the "IP" must be a lan IP but 127.0.0.1 so that the transfer speed would be low.

5 How can sound card of virtualbox Android-x86 work fine?

best
Dong Hao

Sent from YoMail for Gmail