[vbox-dev] 3d acceleration of android-x86 for virt ualbox

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Wed Jul 12 11:17:49 GMT 2017

10.07.2017 10:52, tim3385 wrote:
> Dear Sirs:
>
> I want to make virtualbox addition for android-x86 to improve the
> efficient of 3d and 2d.
> Mr. Chih-Wei Huang, current project maintainer of android-x86, has given
> me some reference about android-x86 3d acceleration. They just discuss
> this with VWare.
>
> I want to look for somebody who can help me begin. thanks.
Hello Tim (is that the right name to address you by?),

I'm afraid that no one has a lot of time to help you with this.  I will
make a quick suggestion about where you could start looking.  You will
probably have most luck studying the code and asking precise questions
when things are not clear.

You will probably want to start by looking at the X11 libGL.so and its
dependencies.  This is a purely user-space library which marshalls the
OpenGL command stream and some information from GLX commands and sends
it to the host, currently via the "guest" device, on Windows through the
graphics device.  On the host the 3D content is rendered to a host
window - a separate one from the normal guest screen window, which
sometimes causes unwanted artefacts when 2D and 3D guest rendering are
mixed.

It will probably take you a while to get used to our build system to
work out what goes into libGL.so (including generated files), but you
will probably have to go through that.

Hope that helps for a start.

Regards
Michael
--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande Handelsregister
der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697