[vbox-dev] Driver Signing changes in Windows 10, version 1607

Gianfranco Costamagna costamagnagianfranco at yahoo.it
Wed Aug 3 09:15:59 GMT 2016

Hi,

>Right, and Microsoft's policy change will make the already difficult
>build of VirtualBox yet again significantly harder on Windows. This is
>relevant for people working on contributions on Windows host. Sad that
>they're effectively crushing open source software.

just to know if I remember correctly (and probably I'm wrong).

is their policy something like
"hey, give me all your source code, we will give you back a signed binary, but
meh, you have no control about what we are signing instead"

Am I correct?

>they're effectively crushing open source software

I would say
"they are effectively crushing open source software, and making people easier
to switch to other Operating Systems".

thanks

G.