[vbox-dev] Odd networking issue with VirtuaBox

Valery Ushakov uwe at stderr.spb.ru
Thu Jun 18 10:43:08 GMT 2015

Maarten Hoes wrote:

> > Please, can you capture traffic of the failed IPv6 connection on
> > the fritzbox itself?
>
> Anyway, I also uploaded the complete tracefile here:
> http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/ruvMKAq0/file.html as
> fritzbox.ipv6.pcap.bz2

Thanks!  It seems that the guest doesn't receive multicast neighbor
solicitations from the router, e.g. frames 18755, 20034, etc..

Let me take stock of open bugs against IPv6 over bridged to wifi.
There are several that describe related but different problems and
people reopen "wrong" ones that are similar on the surface (ipv6
problems) but very different underneath and that doesn't help tracking
them.

I'll let you know which existing but we can use to further track this
(or ask to file a new one).

Thanks again.

-uwe