[vbox-dev] Odd networking issue with VirtuaBox

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 10:06:45 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 3:40 AM, Valery Ushakov <uwe at stderr.spb.ru> wrote:

> Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Im experiencing an odd networking issue with VirtuaBox 4.3.28 on an
> Windows
> > 8.1 host, and a CentOS 7 linux guest.
> >
> > When I set my networking to 'bridged adapter', (some) outgoing
> > traffic seems to malfunctio n. For example, a simple command like
> > 'wget http://www.google.com' just seems to 'hang' (ping/icmp does
> > work though).
>
> How is your host connected - are you bridging your VM to the host's
> wifi or to the host's ethernet?
>
> To the host's wifi adapter.

> Google tells me that it's possible to capture packets on the fritzbox
> itself by going to http://fritz.box/html/capture.html (I can only seem
> to be able to find relevant pages in German though, e.g
> https://hardez.de/tcpdump-mit-der-fritzbox/ - but the UI should
> probably be sufficiently obvious).
>
> Please, can you capture traffic of the failed IPv6 connection on the
> fritzbox itself?
>
> -uwe

Thanks for pointing that out, I didnt know that about the fritzbox. Pretty
cool. ;)

I made the trace, but its fairly large: even compressed with bzip2 it's
still around 2MB, probably too large to add as an attachment to this list ?
So I applied a filter of the ipv6 source or destination of my ip (ipv6.addr
== 2001:980:ed37:1:a00:27ff:fe78:8baa
) and attached that to this message.

Anyway, I also uploaded the complete tracefile here :
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/ruvMKAq0/file.html
as : fritzbox.ipv6.pcap.bz2

- Maarten