[vbox-dev] Odd networking issue with VirtuaBox

Valery Ushakov uwe at stderr.spb.ru
Thu Jun 18 01:40:30 GMT 2015

Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com> wrote:

> Im experiencing an odd networking issue with VirtuaBox 4.3.28 on an Windows
> 8.1 host, and a CentOS 7 linux guest.
>
> When I set my networking to 'bridged adapter', (some) outgoing
> traffic seems to malfunctio n. For example, a simple command like
> 'wget http://www.google.com' just seems to 'hang' (ping/icmp does
> work though).

How is your host connected - are you bridging your VM to the host's
wifi or to the host's ethernet?

Google tells me that it's possible to capture packets on the fritzbox
itself by going to http://fritz.box/html/capture.html (I can only seem
to be able to find relevant pages in German though, e.g
https://hardez.de/tcpdump-mit-der-fritzbox/ - but the UI should
probably be sufficiently obvious).

Please, can you capture traffic of the failed IPv6 connection on the
fritzbox itself?

-uwe