[vbox-dev] Failed to create the VirtualBox COM object

Thom Parkin Thom.Parkin at websembly.com
Fri Jun 19 01:36:32 GMT 2015

I found this post (and all the others you mention that describe
running 'Fix Permissions'
on the Mac) because I am experiencing PRECISELY
the same symptoms on Yosemite
too!
Did you ever get a resolution to this?
Does anyone have an answer?
  1. Uninstall
  2. Reinstall
  3. Fix Disk Permissions
  4. Reboot

Does not alter the behavior.

In addition to the dialog box with:
Callee RC: NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED
(0x80040154)

I get this on the command line (abbreviated):
STDERR: VBoxManage: error: Failed to create the VirtualBox object!
VBoxManage: error:
Code NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED (0x80040154) -
Class not registered (extended info not available)
VBoxManage: error: Most likely, the VirtualBox COM server
is not running or failed to
start.

Thanks for any help.