[vbox-dev] VirtualBox VMware VGA emulation

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Mon Jun 15 06:50:12 GMT 2015

Hi Ian,

On Sunday 14 June 2015 16:37:05 Ian Chapman wrote:
> How complete is the emulation of the VMware SVGA II graphics card in
> VirtualBox? Should drivers intended for this virtual card also work
> under VirtualBox? Thanks.

support is still incomplete and the status of this code is 'experimental'.
It has known problems and we don't document it by intention. Only enable
it if you know what you are doing. Some VMware drivers will work but as
I said, the code is not stable.

The code in the repository is NOT a community contribution.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher