[vbox-dev] 'bridged adapter' issue.

Valery Ushakov uwe at stderr.spb.ru
Thu Jul 30 01:12:41 GMT 2015

Maarten Hoes wrote:

> The bad new is, that with virtualbox 5, when I try to start a
> capture on the host interface when I start a CentOS guest, the
> capture stops and I receive this error message from wireshark: "The
> network adapter on which the capture was being done is no longer
> running; the capture has stopped." But perhaps I should start a
> different thread for that.

Yes, this is a known problem in 5.0 with its new NDIS6 driver.  It
happens when the first bridged VM starts and, resp., the last bridged
VM stops.  You can restart the capture after that interruption.

> Even though the hostname lookups for www.google.com dont seem to
> show up in the host capture, even though they are in the virtualbox
> capture, which seems odd.

It has always been this way on Windows, which is IMO rather
unfortunate, but NDIS is not really my area, so I don't know technical
details.

-uwe