[vbox-dev] VirtualBox Windows build instructions

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed Aug 5 11:42:37 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Wednesday 05 August 2015 13:33:12 Maarten Hoes wrote:
> Setting
> set VBOX_ASSERT=none
> before starting Virtualbox.exe gives me this error on startup of previously
> created VM's :
>
> " ...
> Failed to open a session for the virtual machine.
> Implementation of the USB 2.0 controller not found !
> Because the USB 2.0 controller state is part of the saved VM state, the VM
> cannot be started. To fix this problem, either install the 'Oracle VM
> VirtualBox Extension Pack' or disable USB 2.0 support in the VM settings
> (VERR_NOT_FOUND).

this error has nothing to do with VBOX_ASSERT=none. The reason is just
that your self-compiled package will look for the Extension Pack in
out/win.amd64/..../ rather than in C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox.
Therefore better either disable settings required for the Extension Pack
or copy the content of the Extension Pack to the correct target. If needed
I can tell you the exact paths.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher