[vbox-dev] VirtualBox Windows build instructions

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 11:33:12 GMT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 5:45 AM, Valery Ushakov <uwe at stderr.spb.ru> wrote:

> > Starting VirtualBox.exe and removing the 2nd host only interface from the
> > vm, then proceeds to give me this on startup: The exception breakpoint. A
> > breakpoint has been reached. (0x80000003) occured in the application  at
> > location 0x95561253. Click on OK to terminate the program.
>
> You are probably running into an assertion enabled for the debug
> build.  set VBOX_ASSERT=none to avoid assertion breakpoints.

Setting
set VBOX_ASSERT=none
before starting Virtualbox.exe gives me this error on startup of previously
created VM's :

" ...
Failed to open a session for the virtual machine.
Implementation of the USB 2.0 controller not found !
Because the USB 2.0 controller state is part of the saved VM state, the VM
cannot be started. To fix this problem, either install the 'Oracle VM
VirtualBox Extension Pack' or disable USB 2.0 support in the VM settings
(VERR_NOT_FOUND).

Result Code:
E_FAIL (0x80004005)
Component:
ConsoleWrap
Interface:
IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

... "

Anyway, lets not focus on this error, but instead on the 'yay ! it works '
for a newly created vm ? I would be very happy if whatever makes that work
be incorporated into a new release.

- Maarten