[vbox-dev] Integrating Automated Guest Install into VirtualBox

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 23:12:01 GMT 2013

Hi,

As some time ago I'we written about my big patch, I would like to know
what's needed to integrate it into VirtualBox.

Link:
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=46798

Several obstacles:
1. OS Version:
I recommend only putting OSes, that are released not more often that
once per year.
In my opinion, it is impractical to maintain list of OSes that release
every 6-9 months (Ubuntu, openSUSE and Fedora), so it adds overhead
Something like Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Debian stable and Ubuntu LTS
would qualify.

2. I was unable to port the patch to latest 4.3 series/SVN

3. Linux-hosts-only for now. (we can just remove it from GUI for Windows builds)

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"