[vbox-dev] Crash on IGuestSession.close()

Andreas Löffler andreas.loeffler at oracle.com
Mon Nov 4 17:49:44 GMT 2013

Hi Thomas,

sorry for the delayed response. I'll have a look at the issue ASAP.

Cheers,
Andreas

On 04.11.2013 16:40, Thomas Belian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've wrote my problem a few days ago, but got no response.
> If I use IGuestSession.close() my VMs crashed. I open a session, like I
> opened it in 4.2.18, except I now use IGuest.Process.waitFor...
> After opening a session, I start some executables on the guest and
> after that, I want to close the session and if I do so, the VM just
> crash without any comment.
>
> Another strange behavior, I want to get a process ID. If I use 0 as
> timeout, I don't get an ID, even if the process successfully started and
> if I use a timeout like 100000, than I get an ID.
>
> I use Ubuntu 12.04LTS/amd64 as host, Scientific Linux 6.4/i686 as guest
> with Additions 4.3.2. I thought, the update to 4.3.2 solves my problem,
> but it doesn't and I don't see, what I made wrong. The code is in python
> and works on VirtualBox 4.2.16 and 4.2.18.
>
> Has anyone an idea?
>
> Greetings,
> Thomas
>

> --
> Thomas Belián
>
> Fachhochschule Erfurt
> Fakultät Gebäudetechnik und Informatik
> Fachrichtung Angewandte Informatik
> Labor Betriebssysteme/Netze
>

> Postfach 45 01 55, 99051 Erfurt
>
> Telefon: 0361 6700 - 647
> Telefax: 0361 6700 - 643
> E-Mail: thomas.belian at fh-erfurt.de
> Web: http://www.ai.fh-erfurt.de

Kind regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Andreas Löffler          | VirtualBox Engineering
Senior Software Engineer | Oracle Virtualization

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Werkstrasse 24
D-71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher

Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment>
Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that
help protect the environment