[vbox-dev] Updated translation of manual

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL mengualjeanphi at free.fr
Wed May 15 18:42:22 GMT 2013

On mercredi 15 mai 2013 à 14:35:48 (+0200), Michael Thayer wrote:
> Hello Jean-Philippe,

Hi, :)

> I have applied your patch and updated the svn repository.  If you
> have not made any changes since you created the patch you might want
> to switch your local copy entirely to the svn one ("svn up && svn
> revert doc/manual/fr_FR") so that we both have the same base to work
> from.

Thanks very much. If you applied the latest patch I sent after the .tar.gz
containing all the xml files, it's up-to-date. So perfect.

> I made a few corrections and also combined the two change log files.

Excellent

> We have them separate in the English manual because
> doc/manual/user_ChangeLogImpl.xml is changed regularly by developers
> when they add features, but since you are translating everything
> together you don't really need this (and it saves me from having to
> add new logic into the make files!)

Perfect.

> Thank you again for your contributions!  Out of interest, did you
> ever manage to get in contact with Benjamin, who is maintaining the
> French translation of the user interface?

He wrote to me some weeks after my 1st message posting about the translation
I ead just finished. I answered, but now I have not had news since this mail.
It'd be good to work together, all the more as I cannot work with some toolkit
or framework. So to translate, if I had to translate the GUI, I should understand
how it is handled in the text files. So really, his help to review the manual
and update his GUI work would be fine.

Sincerely,

JPM