[vbox-dev] VirtualBox Extension Pack going GPL?

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Fri Jul 19 19:53:42 GMT 2013

I would be interested in the VRDP piece as well and contributing to the
cost of developing/purchasing it.

Citrix just open sourced XenServer, the whole stack, there is no
difference now between the commercial offering and the open source
version; except for support.

Redhat's KVM hypervisor is open.

Here is hoping that one day Oracle releases VRDP under an open source
license.  As Pau writes below, you can't buy an OEM version; therefore
they aren't monetizing it on the server side, except for their Secure
Global Desktop.