[vbox-dev] Building from SVN

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Aug 6 11:35:28 GMT 2012

On 03.08.2012 22:28, Perry Halbert wrote:
> Has the numbering scheme been changed for building from SVN?
> I see an even number (0 and expected 51) and BETA which forces a warning
> at VirtualBox startup and BETA across the main manager. I know how to
> work around this but was wanting to know if this is by design. Seems odd
> to me that SVN would be marked Beta.

Why do you think it's odd? We're at the moment in BETA phase, and those
bear the final version number. We did it the same way with the previous
BETA phases. For 4.1.0 see r37717 and later if you don't believe me :)

> One other question, should I be able to build using open watcom now
> since the enable bit is on in the config.kmk? Presently I have to add
> the disable bit in my LocalConfig.kmk to get the build to work. Trying
> to use open watcom I get several no rules to make errors. The latest one
> was EFI

Strange... I thought OpenWatcom was only used for the traditional BIOS
(and the VGA BIOS). However it's expected that there are some build
glitches left, because we didn't have time to polish the configure
script after the changes.